Having sent from on high, O King of all, and taken the blessed infant, like a pure bird unto the heavenly nest, O Master, Thou has saved this soul from snares of many forms, and has united it with the souls of the Righteous who are enjoying the delights of Thy Kingdom. ~ From Jacob's memorial service

Purpose of my blog...

And so here I am...10 months post my son Jacob's unexpected death and writing a blog. I am not sure what I think about this but I do know that as everyone lovingly, yet haphazardly, always asks how I am doing this is the only way to sincerely and honestly let everyone know without spewing it all out each time. In person, I usually say the standard and most comfortable for others "I'm fine...how are you?" but here I can truly be honest. This is all very personal but I have found that an event such as the death of a child is still such a taboo in this society that people have lieterally no idea what this experience is like or how to react, help, or handle it when it happens to a freind, loved one, or even themselves. Selfishly, this blog is also a way for me to find my way through the fog of this year and try to figure out where I am. I have hesitated writing this as I don't want to be thought of as self-indulgent or a total bitter woman but I pray that in sharing, for someone, it will make it easier to understand how this experience has affected and continues to affect me and our family and maybe help someone out there to be a little more compassionate and kind to someone that they know that finds themself going through the same thing. So, for those of you that are still reading to this point and really want to know...well, here it all is...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy Times With Jacob






One Year Later




So I am finally able to post these pictures. These are the maternity pictures we had taken on March 10th exactly a year ago. I wanted to post them the other day but did not have access to the correct computer. This was a day I had been praying for. Much like this year, the days had been very cold and dreary but this day was in the upper 50's maybe even lower 60's making it possible and comfortable to go outside for pictures.  It really was a wonderful day.  Stacey, our photographer, was so laid back and totally cool with the changing moods of the kids, she put me at as much ease as anyone could given trying to corral everyone and try to get those "good shots". My favorites are actually some of the ones where Allie is crying or Adam is not looking, getting his nose wiped by dad, because those are all the real moments.  How she got all the great pictures she did, that must have been divine intervention as well as her fabulous skills.  Looking back now, these are the most cherished pictures we may own.  I really had debated if we should do them or not.  There are always other things to spend money on, but as is true with some of my most loved earthly possessions these pictures rank among the top and were well worth the money spent.  I can not remember if I ever posted many of them. We received a majority of them well after Jacob had passed away.  I know I put a few on Facebook but have been waiting to share some of our favorites.  I hope Stacey won't mind that I cropped a few to make them more viewer appropriate...not sure if everyone wants to see my naked belly and didn't want to shock anyone although I cherish those just as much as the others.  

In an effort to focus the rest of the month and gather my thoughts I think this is the last post I'll blog for a while.  I am working on what the entirety of this last year has been like. I promise that all the saddest stuff is already out there, at least I hope so!  I never meant for this to depress everyone and I know that for some it maybe has. I apologize.  I just wanted to be as honest as I could be so that if/when my children read this, or anyone for that matter, they are reading the real stuff, not the stuff I still feel a nagging urge to write....the bright side of things....I promise I leave some of these posts and think, "Why did I not sugar coat it a little, maybe I should have? People will think I'm crazy and will now seriously run away from me if they see me coming!" There always is a bright side, but it is okay to share the dark too. I hope more people will, I know it makes me feel much better to read that others have struggled and makes me feel so much less alone and less crazy myself.  I am not the only mother to have lost a child and I have read stories of mothers that have lost all of their children.  This is the sad stuff of life, however, I find that remembering the joy we had is not a bad thing, it does not hurt all the time.  Below IS the time we had with Jacob; it's more than some families and mothers ever get so for those 9 months we are so grateful.  In the grief, sometimes it is hard for me even to remember the joy that did exist...it was real and was not erased, just cut shorter, much shorter than we were expecting.  I don't have to regret not having pictures done and I would have.

So here is all the joy before the storm.  With this new baby girl on the way, we are looking forward and praying for the storm to pass and the joy to filter it's way back into our lives in a way that sometimes only a baby can.  I hope she will know how much she is loved and how special she is, that she is not a replacement but a true blessing reminding us that the bad days do pass and love can be found again and felt again.  See you all at the end of the month:) 


Adam 2 years and 9 months old


Alexandra Ann "Allie" 1 year and 3 months old



 






                    




And here is the real picture....Dan wiping Adam's nose and me trying to hold Allie till we can try to "pose" for the next "real" picture:) 











                




How much happier could I have been?  I don't know that I could have been and I am blessed to have had this day.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Stacey!
March 10th, 2012
Our BEST day with Jacob and one of our best as a family....thus far!
More joy to come in 2013

www.staceylynnstudio.com 

2 comments:

  1. http://www.aubreyandellie.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-still-project.html?m=1

    I came across your blog today and have been reading and crying for you all day. My heart breaks reading your story. I have a friend who lost her twins and has a blog as well, and thought you would be interested in seeing her post about The Still Project that you wrote about in an earlier post.

    My prayers are with you and your family.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am so sorry for your friend. I know of one other mom that lost triplets at birth...I can hardly believe this happens. I love the Still Project; I can hardly wait to see it once it's completed. I'm new to blogging so thanks for the sweet comment and I will check out your friends webiste as well! Let me know how you came across mine if you have a chance. I'm always curious:) I'll remember your friends twins in my prayers tonight.

      Delete